We’re here to help you through this challenging time.
In California, a probate is triggered if a deceased person has assets exceeding $184,500 and no trust in place. If a person dies without a trust-based Estate Plan in place, the guardianship of their minor children and distribution of their assets is often left to the Probate Court of the Superior Court of the State of California. This can be a lengthy, stressful, and expensive process for family members to navigate and is best handled with the support of an experienced and knowledgeable probate attorney to guide them through the process, meet court deadlines, and manage the many required legal documents.
If you are contesting a will, trust, guardianship arrangements, or defending against such contestation, Ariana Burris, principal attorney at Burris Law, can represent you in these issues. As an experienced probate attorney, Ariana Burris tenaciously represents individuals in estate litigation, trust litigation, and contested guardianships. In addition to will and trust contests, Ariana handles disputed claims, accountings, recovery of assets, heirship disputes, and various other potential estate and guardianship issues.
How We Can Help
We can minimize the stress of probate by providing the following services:
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION WITH ARIANA
- Represent administrators and executors through the probate process.
- Represent beneficiaries of probate proceedings to ensure that their rights are protected.
- Secure current Will and determine distribution plan and beneficiaries.
- File Petition with the Probate Court.
- File the inventory of the estate assets.
- Distribute assets to beneficiaries.
- Defend against any Will contests.
- Determine the validity of claims asserted against the estate and defend against those which are not valid.
- Publish Notice to Creditors
- Assist in locating assets and establishing an estate bank account.
- Administer Estate in accordance with State and Federal law.
- Attend all necessary court hearings.
Real clients. Real results.
I couldn't be more appreciative of Burris Law, particularly Ariana. She took an important, urgent matter of mine and resolved it exactly in the time frame she predicted. She was so transparent throughout the process, polite, and efficient. I'll definitely be coming back when the need arises in the future.
The one-on-one attention you deserve.
By listening to our clients and identifying their needs together, we guide them to the best possible solution to meet both their current needs and your future needs as your family changes and your portfolio grows.
Additionally, if your health circumstances require us to come to you, we are more than happy to do so.
At Burris Law, we regularly make home visits and even hospital visits to attend to our clients who need immediate assistance.